Baked Beef Sambusa this recipe is for those times that you do not want to deal with yeast,
the dough is light, thin and crisp just what you want the Sambusa to be.
The filling is a lean finely minced beef, sautéed with onion, garlic, cilantro and coriander seeds.
Try this recipe for easy Sambusa and it will become one of your favorite go to.
- 2 cups flour, plus extra
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil or butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound / 500g minced beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 egg + 2 tablespoon milk, mixed
- To make the pastry dough, in a bowl add the flour baking powder and salt egg and enough water to make a firm dough.
- knead until smooth and soft not sticky.
- Cover the dough in a bowl and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- knead and divide the dough in to 16 pieces.
- Flour paste as a glue
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup water to make a smooth paste.
- Roll one of the dough into 5 inch circle
- Pick one the Sambusa wrappers with your hands and fold it into a cone shape seal it with flour paste.
- Place a spoonful of the filling in the middle brush the edges with a flour paste or water and shape it into a cone,
- close the top with the paste if needed and shape like a triangle.
- Pinch the edges so that it is completely sealed.
- Continue filling the rest of the Sambusas.
- Brush with the egg-wash on the top.
- Bake 350f/180c for 25 minutes or until golden .
- It is best served while warm.