Baked Sambusas stuffed with chicken, these are triangular pastries made with home made yeast bread a great alternative to fried sambusas.
For the dough
- 3 1/2 cups all plain flour
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milK
- 2 teaspoon yeast
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, yeast, salt,egg and oil and add the milk until combined.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes until a soft dough is formed use more flour if sticky.
- Place the dough in bowl and let it rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
To make the chicken filling
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb chicken,breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Heat the oil in a skillet , sautee the chicken on a high heat until all brown, reduce the heat and the onion cook for 3-5 minutes, add the garlic.
- Add the tomato and cumin and turmeric. season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are tender. Remove from heat and let it cool before assembling.
- Divide the dough in to 12 portions, roll each out 8 inch, then cut each circle in half.
- Take one piece and fold like cone and seal the two edges with a little water or a flour paste (few tablespoon of water and flour mixed).
- Fill with the chicken filling, seal the top edges with water or flour-water mixture.
then pinch making sure there are no holes, repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Bake 350 for 40 minutes or until golden, serve warm.