Cabbage and corn sauté a healthy combination and a crunchy side dish, nigella seeds finish this dish with a sweet smoky aroma. This is a must while corn is in season why not pair it with your homemade sabaayad or lahooh for a light lunch for the summer.
- 1 small head of cabbage,chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 ears of corn,kernels removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat oil in large skillet or a pan with a cover, add the onion and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook over, high heat, stirring, until wilted about 5 minutes lower heat and cook until almost tender for 10 more minutes.
- Add the , salt, garlic, nigella, and the corn stir and cover and cook stirring occasionally until the corn and the cabbage are both tender about 10 minutes.
- Serve while warm.
Add litte water in the last 10 minutes for a softer cabbage if you prefer and cover with the lid.