This delicious Chicken Stew with Lentils makes an excellent dinner or lunch, when paired with bread, sabaayad or even rice.
- 1 cup lentil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 Maggi cube
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato
- Wash the lentils in cold water and drain.
- Put the lentil in a sauce pan, cover with water and cook until lentils are tender.
- In a saucepan on a medium heat, sauté the onions, with the oil until soft and brown.
- Add the chicken and cook until brown.
- Add the potatoes and the carrots and cook for few minutes.
- Stir in the tomato, tomato paste, garlic, cumin, and the chili.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with water and add the Maggi, bring it to a boil, then simmer on a low heat add more water if needed.
- cook until the lentil and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with sabaayad, rice.