Coconut Sabaayad, made with shredded coconut makes a good treat to serve as a snack, with cup of tea.
Coconut filed Sabaayad
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup all-purpose wholewheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- shredded coconut
- extra oil and flour
- Combine flour, salt and oil in deep bowl; add one cup of water gently using your fingers Knead the dough add more water a table spoon at a time and kneed the dough if it gets sticky add tablespoon of flour each time.
- kneed the dough until it turns very soft ad smooth for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cover and set aside for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into 8 large balls.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a rough circle about 8 inches in diameter.
- Brush with oil then sprinkle with the sugar and the coconut spread evenly fold the edges to meet center fold, in the four ends over each other, to make a square fold. set a side and apply the same method to all the pieces.
- Roll each piece lightly and place it a circle about 8 inch and place it on a hot griddle over medium heat.
- Fry the sabaayad one at a time with little oil, turning them once each side is golden brown.
- Finish until you have applied the same method to all the pieces.
- Drain the sabaayad on paper towels and serve warm with cup of shaah.
My Somali Food http://www.mysomalifood.com/