Date cake made with date syrup for simplicity and flavored with cloves and cardamom which give a little kick, finish of with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and this dessert could be your next sweet ending with tea, after a hearty meal.
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- Preheat oven 350F degrees
- Mix sugar, eggs in a large bowl, with a mixer, beat until thick and creamy.
- Add oil and date syrup then beat for few more minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into a prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center , and comes out clean.
- Serve warm with scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of date syrup.