If you are looking for something light and healthy and fast to eat for lunch or dinner, this is it! a light healthy fava bean salad.
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- squeeze of a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 15-oz favabean, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Sauté the garlic with olive oil, until fragrant for 2 minutes, add the beans and cook for 5 minutes. Then cool for 5 minutes.
In the mean time, while the beans are cooling, mix in a bowl the cucumber, tomato, onion, cilantro, lemon, salt and chilli powder.
Add the cooked been to the mixture and toss gently.