Every one has their own version of fried dough, quraa is made of a yeast dough and then soaked with syrup. It is delicious anytime of the day. You can serve it at tea time or during Ramadan. for a sweet treat.
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 1 ½ cups of water or more if needed
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- for the syrup:
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with your hand until soft smooth dough.
- Cover and set aside to rise, until it doubled.
- Using a spoon or your hand drop the dough in the hot oil, move it around until golden.
- Drain on a paper towel and place it in the syrup for few minutes and then remove.
- Or you can drizzle the syrup over the fried dough.
For the syrup:
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, and then allow it to simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.