Goat meat is staple in somali cooking and most widely preferred, this goat stew makes an excellent side dish to be served alongside other dishes including rice, sabaayad, lahooh or any type of bread, specially french bread.
- 1 – 2 pound goat, small pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into pieces
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
Heat oil in a pan add the meat and sear on both sides on a medium heat .
Add onion, potatoes, and carrots sauté about 5 minutes.
Then add tomatoes sauté another 5 minutes.
Stir in garlic, cilantro and the spices, cook for for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add cup of water and cook covered until the stew is tick and the vegetables are tender.
Serve warm and enjoy.