This delicate, aromatic fish sauce makes nice dinner, when served with basmati rice, the combination of the fish sauce and the rice gives this dish a wonderful flavor, and a fragrance that fills the whole room.
- 1 whole fish red snapper/king fish, cleaned and cut
- 3 potatoes
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 carrots
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- Fry the fish both sides with a little oil, and set aside in a warm place.
Sauté the onions in the same pan. until golden.
- Add the garlic and stir for few minutes.
- Add the potato and the carrots cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Add seasonings and the tomatoes, tomato paste, tamarind eggplant and cilantro.
- Cook until tomatoes are tender.
- Put the fish back in the sauce and cook on a medium eat add a little water as needed.
- Continue to cook until the vegetables are tender.
Serve with rice.