Semolina cake is very popular middle-eastern cake made with main ingredient semolina, then soaked with sweet syrup flavored with orange blossom.
- 1/2 cup oil/butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon millk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups semolina
for the syrupe:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease baking dish (23cm/9inch square)
- Cream butter/oil, milk and sugar in a bowl add the eggs one at the time and mix.
- Add the semolina, baking powder and mix until combined.
- Turn in to the prepared pan and level the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until it is golden.
- Cut the cake in squares, or diamond shapes.
- Pour the cold syrup over the hot cake.
- Let it sit to cool and serve.
- To make the syrup, in a small pan put the sugar and water.
Bring it to the boil and keep boiling for 5 minutes.
Stir in the orange blossom water.
Let it cool.