Sorghum Porridge starts with soaking the grain overnight to speed cooking process, after the grain is cooked for about an hour then we blend in a immersion blender or in a food processor the result is a yummy porridge like without the oats, sprinkle with butter, honey, nuts fruits of your choice, for a healthy alternative to your morning cereal, the left over can be frozen or kept in the fridge.
Sorghum Porridge2017-05-02 11:27:10Ingredients
- 3 cups water
- 1 cups sorghum (soaked overnight)
- milk of your choice for blending
- salt to tasteInstructions
- In a large pot add the sorghum with the water on a hight heat. Bring it to boil, reduce the heat to a medium and let it simmer for about one hour. Continue adding water if needed the sorghum should be soft and chewy.
- Blend the cooked sorghum with milk or use an immersion blender to the smooth porridge like consistency.
- Serve with butter, honey, nuts and fruits.Notes
- Serving ideas: you can use what ever topping you like,
- I have used on the above picture: butter and Honey, Almonds, black-seeds dates and raspberries.My Somali Food http://www.mysomalifood.com/
Garow Boorash Laga Dhigay2017-05-02 11:36:35Waxa loo baahanyaya
- 3 koob biyo
- 1 koob garow la radiyay
- milixHabka loo samaynaayo
- Dabka saar disdi oo biyahay iyo garowga ku shub kar kari ilaa uu jilcaayo 50 daqiiqadood ilaa saacad.
- Mashiinka ku shiid adiga oo caano ku daraaya.
- Kadib ku shub weel oo ku dar badhar iyo malab, laws ama khudrad dusha kaga daadi iyo wixii kale ee aad jeceshahay.My Somali Food http://www.mysomalifood.com/