Lahooh (laxoox) is a Somali flat bread, mostly it is enjoyed warm right off the griddle as sweet with sugar and honey then soaked with a cup of tea, or as a savory with stews, soups.
To serve, lahooh with stew on a plate, and ladle soup or stew servings on top, you can also tear small peace of lahooh to grasp the stews.
- Lahooh: spongy pancake like flat bread2013-07-23 21:42:39Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoon yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
My Somali Food http://www.mysomalifood.com/
- Mix all the ingredient together to form a batter;
- Stir well to avoid lumps set aside to rise in a warm place until bubbly and doubled in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- When ready, stir batter if liquid has settled on bottom.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or a non stick pan on a medium heat.
- Spread ¼ cup of the batter gently, in a circular motion by starting in the middle and then working clockwise.
- Just cook one side until golden brown.
- If it sticks on the skillet add few drops of oil and wipe it off with a kitchen paper.
- Repeat using all batter.