This is a vegetable based sambusa recipe, with peas and potato filling.
- ½ cup green peas, cooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large potatoes, cooked, chopped in cubes
- 1 green chili
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- Salt and pepper
for the flour paste
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water, or as needed
- Sambusa wrappers
- Oil for frying
- In a skillet heat the oil and sauté the onions until browned.
- Add the ginger and garlic, coriander cumin, green chili, salt, turmeric and cook stirring until fragrant, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes and stir add the peas and cook for few minutes; add the cilantro and lemon juice.
- Take off the heat. And let it cool until we ready to use.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and the water to make a smooth paste.
- Pick one the sambusa wrappers with your hands and fold it into a cone shape seal it with flour paste.
- Fill the cone with the filling and close the top into a triangle shape and seal it with the flour paste.
- Pinch the edges so that it is completely sealed.
- Continue filling the rest of the sambusas.
- Heat the oil in frying pan, fry the sambusas until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve while warm.