This sweet fried bread is a very popular snack in East Africa, They are sold on the streets and most of all you will find it in all most every Somali house hold during the month of Ramadan, they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and they are called many diffrent names.
It is a light snack good with cup of shaah.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl combine all the ingredient.
- Kneed the dough lightly don’t over work it.
- Leave it to rest for 30 min.
- Roll the though on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut in to desired shapes.
- Deep fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve.