Sweet shells deep fried then coated with sugar syrup, so easy to make with the basic ingredients, crunchy on the outside yet soft inside.
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup semolina flour
- 2 table spoons oil/butter/ghee
- pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- water to form a dough
For the syrup:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of water
- In a bowl rub the flour, salt and the oil/ghee/ butter using your fingers until the mixture has the consistency of crumbs.
- Add tablespoons of water at a time to make a soft dough.
- In the meantime, boil the water and the sugar in pan on medium high until tick syrup.
- Take marbled sized balls of dough and flatten as shown in the picture, using a back of the fork press with your thumb and roll forward to make a shell, keep it aside and finish with the rest of the shells.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shells until golden, drain on a kitchen paper.
- Dip the shells in to the syrup to coat evenly.
- Let it cool and serve.